Weiss case 1:
A 65-year-old man with stage IV NSCLC.
- Tissue biopsy showed EGFR+ adenocarcinoma
- The patient was enrolled in a clinical trial of erlotinib vs erlotinib/bevacizumab
- He was treated with erlotinib for 10 months before developing asymptomatic progression, with slowly growing lesions.
- He was continued on erlotinib for 3 more months; His next scan showed rapid progression.
- Repeat bronchoscopy and mutation testing showed an acquired EGFR T790M mutation
- Patient was subsequently switched to osimertinib