Riess case 2:
A 73-year-old woman with progressing EGFR+ adenocarcinoma.
- A 73-year-old woman diagnosed with stage IV adenocarcinoma
- Based on her EGFR+ status, she was treated with erlotinib
- After 9 months her disease progressed, along with the presence of minor symptoms
- Tissue biopsy was impeded by the tumor’s location; therefore, cell-free DNA testing was ordered
- Based on the positive results for a T790M mutation, the patient was switched to osimertinib.
- Her disease continues to be well-controlled on second-line therapy