Advanced Colorectal Cancer with Marwan G. Fakih, MD Case 1
Advanced Colorectal Cancer with Marwan G. Fakih, MD
Case Scenario 1:
- This is a 70-year old woman who 3 years ago presented with bloody stool.
- Medical history included type 2 diabetes; no other comorbidities.
- A colonoscopy revealed a 1.5 cm tumor in the sigmoid colon.
- A CT scan revealed multiple hepatic and pulmonary lesions.
- Biopsy of liver lesion and colon mass showed moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma, KRAS, NRAS, BRAF wild-type and MSS.
- Her ECOG performance status at the time was 0.
- FOLFIRI plus cetuximab was initiated.
- She later developed progressive disease.
- She was given FOLFOX plus bevacizumab.
- Her ECOG performance status is now 1.