August 2018 | The Journal of Targeted Therapies in Cancer

The Role of JAK2 Inhibition in Polycythemia Vera

August 21, 2018

Clinical Articles

Polycythemia vera is a myeloproliferative neoplasm characterized by clonal hematopoiesis and an absolute increase in the red blood cell mass, with an associated leukocytosis and thrombocytosis. Virtually all patients with PV harbor a mutation in the nonreceptor tyrosine kinase JAK2, with the majority of patients harboring the classic JAK2.

Current and Emerging Immunotherapy Strategies in Advanced Urothelial Cancers

August 20, 2018

Clinical Articles

Until recently, therapeutic options for the management of advanced urothelial cancers have been limited to traditional cytotoxic agents with modest efficacy. However, the brisk pace of recent discovery in the field of immunotherapy and molecular therapeutics has ushered in a new era for management of patients with urothelial carcinoma.

Small Cell Transformation: An Increasingly Common Mechanism of Resistance in EGFR-Mutated Lung Cancer

August 20, 2018

Clinical Articles

Lung cancer is the main cause of cancer deaths in both men and women in the United States. The disease has 2 major histological subtypes: Non–small cell lung cancer accounts for 85% of cases, with small cell lung cancer comprising the remaining 15%.1

Presence of MSI-H, MMR-D Predicts Lynch Syndrome Across Tumor Types

August 16, 2018

Clinical Articles

Results from a prospective study involving 15,045 tumor samples that underwent next-generation sequencing using MSK-IMPACT and microsatellite-instability testing demonstrate that MSI-high and DNA mismatch-repair deficient tumors are predictive of Lynch syndrome across all tumor types. The results suggest that LS-associated cancers may be more heterogeneous than previously suspected.