Combination Immunotherapy for Treatment of Lung Cancer

Roy S. Herbst, MD, PhD

Roy S. Herbst, MD, PhD, Yale Cancer Center, discusses the use of combination immunotherapy for the treatment of lung cancer. 

Roy S. Herbst, MD, PhD, Yale Cancer Center, discusses the use of combination immunotherapy for the treatment of lung cancer.

Herbst says combination immunotherapy makes a lot of sense as we do see some activity with PD-1/PD-L1 agents. However, only about 10% to 20% of patients do benefit from immunotherapy. This leaves 80% of patients in need of more therapy.

Because of this, Herbst believes combination immunotherapies will be critical in the treatment landscape. Moving forward, there must be more evidence on why particular patients respond and don’t respond to these therapies.